Activities & Youth Ministry Center (AYMC)
I appeal to you therefore, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.
Hours of Operation
Sunday: 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Monday: 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Tuesday: 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Wednesday: 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Thursday: 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Friday: 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Sign-ups for 2016-17
First Baptist participates in the Church League Basketball for Youth (CLBBY) for children K5-12th grade. Online registration is currently closed. Please contact Nikki Cline (email@example.com) for assistance.
-The Basketball Committee
Munchkin League (K4 and K5) registration forms will be available in early 2017. Games and practices will begin the last Saturday in January. Children in K5 can choose to play in the Munchkin League (7 weeks in January and February) or in the actual church league in a K5/1st grade league, which is registering through September 4th (games November through January), or both.
Christian Sports Network (CSN) – Tee Ball and Coaches Pitch
We will be re-evaluating for 2018 season.
FBC plays in the City of Greenville softball league at Gower Park. For more information, contact Bootie Cothran at 370-2515 ext. 112 or by email here.
Why Join the AMYC?
Walking, jogging, and cycling
Begin and end your walk, jog or ride at the AYMC, where you can enjoy fully-furnished locker rooms and convenient access to the Swamp Rabbit Trail. Bad weather? Take advantage of the carpeted Walking Track as it overlooks the State-of-the-art basketball court, makes its way through the lobby and provides a beautiful view of the trail and Reedy River.
Exercise and Wellness
Unlimited memberships include access to our weekly ongoing wellness classes
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Yoga for Law Enforcement
Lift, Laugh, Lunge (Body Pump)
Monday and Thursday
Fab and Fit Over Fifty
Tuesday and Thursday
Purchase an Unlimited membership for access to the Fitness Room.
Fitness Room orientations for safe use are available by appointment only.
Fitness room equipment: Ellipticals, treadmills, recumbent bikes, plus a resistance strength training circuit.
After working out, enjoy locker rooms fully furnished with showers and fresh towels.
Courts are available for pickup basketball everyday between noon and two on a pro-sized court (with high school, college and NBA 3-point lines). In addition, two full court games can be played at one time on the side- to-side courts.
Strength and conditioning
Sign up for additional fitness opportunities with our personal trainers and exercise experts. Appointments can be made through the Office Manager. These classes carry an additional cost, but discounts are usually given to Unlimited members.
Swamp Rabbit Membership
With this membership, one can begin and end a walking, jogging or biking workout at the AYMC.
Joining the AYMC is quick and easy!
There are 3 ways to enroll at the AYMC.
MONTHLY option (recommended): Come to the Welcome Desk and fill out an AYMC Enrollment Form. Bring your debit/credit card. Visa and MasterCard accepted
ANNUAL option: Pay up front for a year by check, credit card or cash. Make checks payable to First Baptist Church.
FREE option: Volunteer at the Welcome Desk and take advantage of a FREE unlimited membership. (Approved FBC member volunteers only)
General Plan – AYMC membership agreement that includes use of the Gym, Locker Rooms, and the Walking Track. Exercise and Wellness Classes may be paid for by the session.
Unlimited Plan – AYMC membership agreement that includes the General plan plus unlimited access to the Fitness Room and to any Exercise and Wellness Class.
Swamp Rabbit Membership – AYMC membership agreement that includes use of the Walking Track and Locker Rooms.
*The price for one household unlimited membership is $15/month ($360/yr) for congregation members and $30/month ($180/yr) for community members.
*Who qualifies for the Congregation rate?
Congregation rate includes FBC members, Sunday School members, staff members, those who have a child enrolled in or are on staff in FBCK, ITP or the Einstein Learning Center.
**Senior(65 and above)/Student (6th grade-College)
You must be 16 years old to use the fitness room.
You must be 18 years old to use the locker room and sign the waiver on the enrollment form.
You must be in 6th grade to join.
Children 5th grade and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Children from 6th grade to 14 years old must have a supervising adult in the building.
Participants 15 and older do not need to be accompanied by an adult.
- We encourage our members to bring guests. A one day pass is only $5.
- Guest passes may be issued after an enrollment form has been filled out completely and signed by an adult (or parent/guardian if under 18).
- AYMC guidelines and policies apply to all guests and visitors.
- AYMC staff and volunteers are the final authority on interpretation and enforcement of all rules, policies and procedures.
- Enrollment forms must be signed. If under 18, a parent or guardian must sign for the enrollee.
- FBG is a tobacco-free campus.
- The following items are also prohibited from the premises of FBG: controlled substances, alcohol, weapons.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the Gym, Fitness Room and Walking Track area (with the exception of bottled water)
- Lost and found is located behind the Welcome Desk. Items unclaimed for one month will be donated to the annual Yard Sale.
- A first aid kit and an AED are located at the Welcome Desk on the Main Level.
- A Second AED is located downstairs on the Terrace Level.
Behavior and dress
- Shirts must be worn at all times
- Respectful and appropriate behavior must be demonstrated at all times in order to use the AYMC.
- Childcare is not provided at this time
- Children, 5th grade and below, must be physically accompanied by a parent or an approved supervising adult at all times.
- Youth, under 15 years of age, must be with a parent or an approved supervising adult, but need not be physically accompanied for all activities.
- No children or youth under 16 are allowed in the fitness room.
- Locker rooms are for adults only, 18 and older.
- Locks may be brought in, but not left overnight.
Need more information?
For further clarification, contact AYMC Director Mittie Taylor at 370-2522 ext. 122 or Welcome Desk Volunteer Coordinator Sean Martin at ext. 147.