- Sensory supports are available for those who could benefit from them during church activities, including:
- Noise-canceling headphones
- Weighted blanket or weighted “lap buddy” (stuffed animal created by the Lula Whilden Women’s Mission Circle)
- Fidget toys
- Visual schedule (there’s a lot of coming and going at church, a visual schedule can be a great calming tool to provide some predictability)
- Modified church schedule
- A youth or adult volunteer “buddy” is also an option to help one on one during church activities.
Everyone is always welcome to worship in our sanctuary! For those who are more at home in a small group setting on Sunday mornings instead of the sanctuary setting, our class participants enjoy fellowship, worship, and fun while their parents worship in the sanctuary on Sunday mornings (loving care is provided from 10:15-11:30). Our class may visit the sanctuary for portions of the service, or visit preschool worship in the chapel if participants are interested!
Fun with Friends and Family
At FBG, fun is important!
Friends and family from the St. Francis class got together for a game of putt putt outside at McPherson Park on March 6. It was so great to get together in person, masked and outside, for some fellowship! We also collected gifts of fruit for United Ministries. A fun time was had by all!
We care about children and their caregivers!
We enjoyed a respite night at the AYMC with pizza, crafts, and a movie!