The Deacon Nominating Committee invites all church members to submit names of servant leaders for consideration to serve on the Diaconate. This group of sixteen individuals will begin their three-year term on January 1, 2021. The Deacon Nominating Committee has agreed to consider all nominees based on the Scripture references found in the Rules of Church Order: John 13:1-15 and Romans 12:1-18.
The committee has agreed on the following additional criteria:
• Members with active church participation, dedication, service and financial support are eligible.
• The committee will work to balance the new slate of deacons to represent the diversity of the congregation.
• Deacon Nominating Committee members and their spouses are not eligible.
• Neither full-time nor part-time church staff members are eligible.
• Spouses of full-time church staff are not eligible.
• Spouses of part-time church staff are eligible.
Please submit nominations to Jenna Manning by Sunday, September 27, 2020. Nominations should include a brief statement of each nominee’s qualifications and include your contact information. Nominations can be made by written letter or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Deacon Nominating Committee includes:
Charles McDonald, chair
Pam Jones, chair-elect