AYMCActivities & Youth Ministry Center
The AYMC offers a selection of Virtual Fitness Classes during this period of closure due to COVID-19. Find the Virtual Class Schedule below. Email Caleb (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information and to join in a class – all are welcome to participate!
COVID Hours of Operation
Monday: 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Thursday: 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Why Join the AMYC?
Walking, jogging, and cycling
Begin and end your walk, jog or ride at the AYMC, where you can enjoy fully-furnished locker rooms and convenient access to the Swamp Rabbit Trail. Bad weather? Take advantage of the carpeted Walking Track as it overlooks the State-of-the-art basketball court, makes its way through the lobby and provides a beautiful view of the trail and Reedy River.
Exercise and Wellness
Unlimited memberships include access to our weekly ongoing wellness classes.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Monday and Wednesday
Lift, Laugh, Lunge (Body Pump)
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
Fab and Fit Over Fifty
Tuesday and Thursday
Purchase an Unlimited membership for access to the Fitness Room. Fitness Room orientations for safe use are available by appointment only.
Fitness room equipment: Ellipticals, treadmills, recumbent bikes, plus a resistance strength training circuit.
Locker rooms: After working out, enjoy locker rooms fully furnished with showers and fresh towels.
Basketball: Courts are available for pickup basketball everyday between noon and two on a pro-sized court (with high school, college and NBA 3-point lines). In addition, two full court games can be played at one time on the side- to-side courts.
Strength and Conditioning: Sign up for additional fitness opportunities with our personal trainers and exercise experts. Appointments can be made through the Office Manager. These classes carry an additional cost, but discounts are usually given to Unlimited members.
Swamp Rabbit Membership: With this membership, one can begin and end a walking, jogging or biking workout at the AYMC.
Joining is Quick & Easy!
There are 3 ways to enroll at the AYMC.
Joining the AYMC is quick and easy!
There are 3 ways to enroll at the AYMC
Pay up front for a year by check, credit card or cash. Make checks payable to First Baptist Church.
Approved FBC member volunteers only
Volunteer at the Welcome Desk and take advantage of
Membership Plans and Rates
General Plan: AYMC membership agreement that includes
Unlimited Plan: AYMC membership agreement that includes the General plan plus unlimited access to the Fitness Room and to any Exercise and Wellness Class.
Swamp Rabbit Membership:
*The price for one household unlimited membership is $15/month ($360/yr) for congregation members and $30/month ($180/yr) for community members.
*Who qualifies for the Congregation rate?
Congregation rate includes FBC members, Sunday School members, staff members, those who have a child enrolled in or are on staff in FBCK, ITP or the Einstein Learning Center.
**Senior (65 and above)/Student (6th grade-College)
- You must be 16 years old to use the fitness room
. You must be 18 years old to use the locker room and sign the waiver on the enrollment form.
- You must be in 6th grade to join.
Children 5th grade and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Children from 6th grade to 14 years old must have a supervising adult in the building.
- Participants 15 and older do not need to be accompanied by an adult.
- We encourage our members to bring guests. A one day pass is only $5.
Guest passes may be issued after an enrollment form has been filled out completely and signed by an adult (or parent/guardian if under 18).
AYMCguidelines and policies apply to all guests and visitors. AYMCstaff and volunteers are the final authority on interpretation and enforcement of all rules, policies andprocedures.
- Enrollment forms must be signed. If under 18, a parent or guardian must sign for the enrollee.
- FBG is a tobacco-free campus.
The following items are also prohibited from the premises of FBG: controlled substances, alcohol, weapons.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the Gym, Fitness Room and Walking Track area (with the exception of bottled water).
- Lost and found is located behind the Welcome Desk. Items unclaimed for one month will be donated to the annual Yard Sale.
- A first aid kit and an AED are located at the Welcome Desk on the Main Level.
- A Second AED is located downstairs on the Terrace Level.
Behavior and Dress
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Respectful and appropriate behavior must be demonstrated at all times in order to use the AYMC.
- Childcare is not provided at this time
. Children, 5th grade and below, must be physically accompanied by a parent or an approved supervising adult at all times.
- Youth, under 15 years of age, must be with a parent or an approved supervising adult, but need not be physically accompanied for all activities.
- No children or youth under 16 are allowed in the fitness room.
- Locker rooms are for adults only, 18 and older.
- Locks may be brought in, but not left overnight.
Need more information?
For further clarification, contact AYMC Director Caleb Avery at 370-2522 ext. 122. or AYMC Assistant Director Taneka Chappell at ext. 147.