Would you like to supplement your annual giving with a gift for the future? Would you like to invest in a fund that can provide the Church with current income while also growing for that future? You can do that!
First Baptist Greenville has a Foundation to provide additional funds for the Church’s budget and allow church members to supplement their annual giving with permanent gifts directed toward areas of their particular interest. These gifts are invested and can help fund these areas far into the future. The specific areas are supported by five groups of funds:
1) Faith Fund—for local, state, national and international missions
2) Leadership Development Fund—for the education and training of the laity and clergy
3) Property Fund—for major maintenance or capital needs of Church facilities
4) General Fund—for Church ministries or special projects
5) Tithe Fund—for general operating expenses of the Church
A Board of Trustees, made up of Church members, oversees the Foundation. Its funds are professionally managed by an outside management company and carefully invested in stocks, bonds and other approved investments.
Gifts to any of the funds can be made in any amount. Annual distributions from income are made, and the Foundation has disbursed more than $2.2 million since its beginnings in 1992.
If you’ve already contributed to the Foundation, thank you for your gift! If you haven’t yet contributed to the Foundation, please consider the different ways of doing so.
—Bob Howard, Foundation Chair