The Deacon Nominating Committee invites all church members to submit names of servant leaders for consideration to serve on the Diaconate. All nominees will be considered based on the Scripture references found in the Rules of Church Order: John 13:1-15 and Romans 12:1-18.
The committee has agreed on the following additional criteria:
- Members demonstrating regular attendance at church events, dedicated church service, and consistent financial support of the church budget will be given priority consideration
- The committee will work to balance the new slate of deacons to represent the diversity of the congregation
- Deacon Nominating Committee members and their spouses are not eligible
- Neither full-time nor part-time church staff members are eligible
- Spouses of full-time church staff are not eligible
- Spouses of part-time church staff are eligible
Please submit nominations to Jenna Manning by Sunday, July 17. Nominations should include a brief statement of each nominee’s qualifications and include your contact information. Nominations can be made by written letter or by email to email@example.com.
Members of the Deacon Nominating Committee include: Pat Booker-Christy, Greg Crowe (Chair), Ed Good (Chair-elect), John Jones, Jennifer Murphy, Neil Rabon, Marie Richards, Cherron Saad, and Louise Stanford.